10/21/19

Monday Morning Offering: 10/21

Image source

Good morning, good God!

Something's different in the sunlight, Lord,
these cool October days...

Old Sol, up in the heavens, assumes his autumn angle,
his eye on branches, beauty brushed,
on leaves alive in light no summer's green could ever match...

The light comes from above, I know,
but still I'd swear these leaves are somehow
- glowing from within...

In my reverie these trees
(still warm with sun soaked up from August skies)
pray a psalm of golden-bronzes, orange-reds
and dappled, purpled russets...

Walking down a forest path
the season's glow surrounds me
while evergreens in groves stand tall,
a backdrop for October's amber shades...

Your light's above and all around,
from every angle shining bright,
in summer, winter, fall and spring,
and yet, your light's within me, Lord,
to warm my soul from inside-out,
from deep within my heart of hearts...

I offer then, this morning, Lord,
a hymn of thanks for light aglow
in leaves upon the branch:
I offer you a psalm of praise
for beauty all around
and for your gracious light within...

Amen.



 
     

Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!