11/17/19

Monday Morning Offering: 11/18

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Lord, I offer you my thanks today
for the patient people who put up with me
and all my odd, annoying habits...

I offer you my thanks for the all gracious people 
who bear with me, faithfully,
when I'm tired, cranky and grouchy...

I offer you my thanks for the generous people 
who cover and fill in for me
when there's too much on my plate...
  
I offer you my thanks, Lord,
for the people who always have my back
without my even asking...

I offer you my thanks for the tireless people 
who sustain and keep me going
when I'm powerless and weak...

I offer you my thanks, Lord,
for all the people I serve,
who make my work a joy...

I offer you my thanks for some particular people 
who are generous to me far, far beyond
anything I deserve...

I offer you my thanks, Lord, for the awesome people,
behind the scenes and out of sight,
who keep my life on track...

I offer you my thanks for all the people 
without whom I'd be lost
and who I much too often take for granted...

I offer you my thanks
for the people who pray for me
and hold me in their heart...

And I offer you my thanks, Lord:
you who are my rock, my strength, my hope,
my shelter and my shield...

I offer you my thanks for all the untold ways 
you help me through my day
and get me through the night...

I offer you my heartfelt thanks
for your endless second chances
to start afresh and begin again...

And I offer you my thanks, Lord,
for all your gifts and blessings:
those I know and those I miss
- and those still yet to come!

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!