11/15/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 11/14

Image source



Thousands of starlings, Lord, thousands
filling the skies in flawless, fluid formation:
an exquisitely choreographed dance in flight,
all without a moment's rehearsal:
no practice, no preparation, just a natural respect
for beauty and boundaries and being together...

Thousands of wings in flight, Lord,
and never so much as a bump or a bruise:
just perfect, unbroken patterns
tracing the heavens in feathery lace...

Bless me, Lord, with a starling's grace
and help me through the day ahead
to make my way and find my place
with not so much as a bump or bruise
to those with whom I share the skies,
on my right and my left, above and below,
winging our way home to you...

Amen.





 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!