12/13/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 12/13


Every year around this time I look for ways to reach out to those who need some of this season's comfort and joy, those who find the holidays to be a difficult time... Perhaps you're one of those folks or perhaps you know some others who are...  Let's  pause and pray...
Lord,
the jolly jingle's all around -
but not in every heart...

Red and green are everywhere -
but some folks
just feel blue...

The rushing 'round to buy and wrap
disheartens
lonely souls...
Plans for Christmas eve
leave out
the ones who'll be alone...

This merry month will be,
for some,
the saddest time of year...
Then, help me, Lord, I pray...
Help me hear and tend
whose tears may fall
as Christmas bells are ringing...

Let me see
as shades of blue
surround and cloud another's heart...
Help me wrap my love
to give and share
with those who'll be alone...

On hearts that ache
and know the pain
this season often brings

let your gentle touch
fall soft as snow,
a gift on Christmas day...

Amen.
If this might be the prayer of someone I know,
   how will I reach out to that person this Christmas? 

If this prayer might be my own,
   how will I respond to those who reach out to me this Christmas?

Am I someone who needs to reach out to others
   while welcoming their reaching out to me?

Will I isolate through the holidays
  or step outside my pain to join
     with those whose love invites me in?


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!