2/8/20

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 2/8

Image source

Just yesterday, Lord, a dear friend
(who's been through a long rough patch)
told me she'd turned a corner,
was starting to feel like her old self again...

Because I've been there, Lord,
I know just what she was talking about
and I know the relief and the hope
that such a moment brings...

But I also know how easy it is
to come 'round the bend and stall
and recall and crawl right back
to the very place I'd been so pleased to leave...

So be with my friend, Lord,
when a bump in the road or a turn in the path tempts her
to stall and recall and crawl right back
to the very place she'd been so pleased to leave...

As she turns this corner, help her let go what's past,
letting history fade, keeping life in today,
moment to moment, looking now with hope
for all that's yet to be:
for with your help, Lord, and in your time,
all shall be well,
yes, all shall be well,
yes, all manner of things shall be well...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!