3/31/20

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 3/31



If only I'd trust your promises, Lord,
with the hope I have that spring will come...

If only I'd serve my neighbors' needs
as well as I generously tend to my own...

If only I'd think as kindly of all
as I do of my best, my closest friends...

If only I'd do what you ask of me
as surely as I follow my own desires...

If only I'd be as fair and as just
as I want others to be with me...

If only I'd speak when others won't,
that my lips might give the truth a voice...

If only I'd hold the weak and the frail
as your arms hold me with gentle strength...

If only my words and deeds were as pure
as the love you speak and offer to me...

If only I'd pardon my neighbor's faults
with the mercy that's mine when you pardon me...

If only I'd make the time for prayer
that you make for me when I come to you...

If only I'd open my heart to your wisdom
as wide as I do for nonsense and folly...

If only I'd think of my time as pure gold
to be treasured and spent with prudence and care...

If only I'd put all my trust in you, Lord:
not in my worries, my doubts and my fears...

If only I'd love you, my Lord, my God,
as simply, as dearly, as you love me...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!