4/24/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 4/24



Lord, when I was a child,
mom or dad would tuck me in,
help me say my prayers
- and sometimes dad would tell me a story...

Somehow their goodnight kiss made safe the night
and my journey into sleep and dreams...

My parents are gone, Lord,
and no one's left to tuck me in
so I wonder if you'd ask your mother, Mary,
to come to my bedside
and pull the covers tight around me
and all for whom I pray tonight:
especially the sick and dying,
those who care for them
and all who are alone...

Ask your Mother to tuck us in
and keep vigil through the night, Lord,
as we sojourn through the darkness
'til a new day dawns with promise
and hope of peace and healing
yet to come...

Amen.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman by Carey Landry


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!