4/18/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 4/18


Lord,
I treasure this quiet time at the end of day,
these moments of prayer
and the encouragement and strength,
the hope and peace
I find here with you...

But some days, Lord, it all seems too much
and some nights I find myself wondering:
   what's next?
   what will happen to those I love?
   what will happen to me?

Some nights, my worries get the best of me
and I find myself fretting and praying:
   will we get through this?
   when's the end to all this sickness and fear?
   what price will we end up paying?
   can we, will we make it?

So tonight I pray for confidence,
for hope that we're gonna come through this, Lord,
that with your help we're gonna make it,
that through your mercy and your grace
we'll overcome what threatens us,
we'll overcome what frightens us,
we'll overcome whatever stands
between you and us,
between your love and our needs...

And until that day comes,
as we wait for that day,
protect us, Lord, as we stay awake
and watch over us as we sleep
that awake me may keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!