4/25/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 4/25


It's that time of day again, Lord:
the sun is setting
and I'm fading, too...

Tonight I'm thinking of all the people I miss,
how I miss the simplest things we do together,
things that are, for the time being,
beyond our reach...

There's a sadness here, Lord,
but it's important to remember,
to keep fresh in my heart my family and friends
and the simplest of things that bind us together,
hold us together, mold us together as one...

But with the sadness there comes, 
if I welcome it, a certain joy:
the peace of recalling favors I miss,
blessings I long for, gifts I pray for tonight:
the return of those simplest of things
that bind us together, hold us together,
mold us together as one...

Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake,
remembering with sadness all that we miss,
and watch over us as we sleep,
dreaming in hope, even with joy,
of the day we'll all be together again... 

Amen.

On The Day We Are Together Again 



On the day we are together again,
on the day we are together again,
I will pull you in close like a hoop with no end,
on the day we are together again.

We will share the same table again,
we will share the same table again,
I’ll pass you the salt, the candle light will bend,
when we eat at the same table again.

We will walk around the block hand in hand,
we will walk around the block hand in hand,
we will stop for a snack at the taco truck stand,
we will walk around the block hand in hand.

Someday we will go back to work,
someday we will go back to work,
may we be among people who respect our work,
someday we will go back to work.

I will help the strangers I meet,
I will help the strangers I meet,
it is possible to get back on our feet,
I will help the strangers I meet.

I will write you a letter for now,
I will write you a letter for now,
hope is a message that survives somehow,
I will write you a letter for now.

To the healers who keep us alive
to the healers who keep us alive,
a toast to your courage, knowledge and life,
to the healers who keep us alive.

And the ones we love who are gone,
and the ones we love who are gone,
we remember the stories, we sing the songs
for the ones we love who are gone.

On the day we are together again,
on the day we are together again,
I will pull you in close like a hoop with no end,
on the day we are together again.



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!