4/5/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 4/4



I pray for a good night’s rest Lord,
and I pray for those who've been robbed of their sleep
by fear of impending illness,
by haunting worries and troubled dreams,
by the sounds, the fury, the menace of war,
by the heart-wrenching cries of a hungry child,
by the chill of another homeless night...

I pray you not let me take for granted, Lord:
those who stand vigil all night for my safety;
the town I live in, the home I call mine;
the bed I sleep in, comfy and warm;
the breakfast I'll have when morning dawns...

Forgive me, Lord:
for the times today I was selfish;
for hoarding instead of sharing;
for carelessly wasting what's mine,
for closing my eyes to the poor;
for taking more than my share...

Hold tight in your arms, Lord, the sick and the dying
and those who care for them all through the night...

Ride with those standing ready to roll
to come to our aid when danger strikes...

Be our beacon of hope, for in so many ways
we're all just a little afraid of the dark...

Over all of us, Lord,
spread the mantle of your protection
and cover us all in your mercy:
deliver us from every evil
and grant your peace in our day,
the peace that's yours alone to give...

Grant me deep and restful sleep, Lord,
that tomorrow I might rise to serve you
by serving the needs of my neighbor
with an open and generous heart...

Amen.

Sleep Chant by Karen Drucker
 

Sleep in peace.   Wake in joy.    Always know that I am loved.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that I am loved.
Today I live in gratitude.  Today I give my love.
And tonight when I lay my head to rest, I give thanks, I give thanks.
 
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Each day I wake is a miracle.  Each day is a precious gift.
I count my blessings and feel such grace.  I give thanks. I give thanks.

I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.

I sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am loved.
Sleep in peace.    Wake in joy.  Always know that I am loved.

Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  I always know that I am safe.

I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!