4/21/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 4/21



At the end of each day, Lord,
I sometimes wonder:
   "Am I doing the pandemic right?"
A strange question - I know!

But here's what I mean:
   - am I spending all my time in the right way?
   - am I praying as much as I should?
   - am I reaching out and helping others,
         beginning right here at home?
   - am I thinking about all this as I ought to?
   - is there something I should do
         that I'm not doing?
     something I shouldn't do
         that I am doing?

Well, I'm trying, Lord:
   trying to use my time wisely;
   praying more often than I usually do;
   helping others as opportunities arise;
   doing and speaking as I think you'd want me to...

But I guess I just keep wondering:
   Is this enough? 
   Is it the right stuff?
   Am I doing all this in the right way?
   Is there something else you're asking of me?

Well, I don't know the answers to my questions, Lord,
so I'll keep on trying
   to be and become the person you made me to be
   to do what you ask the best I know how
   and to ask for your help along the way...

So here's my prayer tonight:
   Take me as I am, Lord,
      (I am who I am)
   summon out what I shall be,
      (Never stop calling me to grow)
   set your seal upon my heart
      (Touch my life with your grace)
   and live in me...
      (As I strive to live in you)

Take Me As I Am (a new arrangement)


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!