5/15/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 5/15


Some folks are busier than ever these days, Lord:
serving, teaching, caring, feeding, healing and protecting others;
but for many, these days are slower, duller, painfully repetitive,
over and over again...

But I know, Lord, that you're as busy as ever,
as busy in my life in this season of déjà vu
as ever I was in my most hectic times...

Even just today, Lord
I know you were busy, within and around me:
whispering to get my attention, 
calling me to serve others generously,
filling my mind with good thoughts,
showing me always your love and compassion,
nudging me to reconcile with those I'm at odds with,
stirring my gratitude for all I that I have,
calming my fears with hope for the future,
being my friend and constant companion,
inviting me to join you in moments of prayer...

In so many ways, more than I can count,
whether I was straight out busy
or parked on the couch,
you were busy in my life today, Lord,
active and busy all day long...

So, that's what you've been up to, Lord,
within and around me - and how have I responded?
Well, let's just say, perhaps I should confess,
that you've been busier than me...

So, grant me a good night's rest, Lord,
that I might rise tomorrow, 
restored, refreshed and ready to find 
all the ways you're busy in my life 
every day of the week...

Amen.
 
Center of My Life by Paul Inwood
 


O Lord, you are the center of my life:
I will always praise you,
I will always serve you,
I will always keep you in my sight.


Keep me safe, O God, I take refuge in you.
I say to the Lord, "You are my God.
My happiness lies in you alone;
my happiness lies in you alone."

Refrain

I will bless the Lord, who gives me counsel,
who even at night directs my heart.
I keep the Lord ever in my sight:
since he is at my right hand, I shall stand firm.


Refrain
 
You will show me the path of life,
the fullness of joy in your presence,
at your right hand,
at your right hand happiness forever.

Refrain


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!