5/2/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 5/2


A friend told me he waits for these Night Prayers
because evening's the time when his hope runs low
and these prayers help to lift his spirits.
Thinking my friend is not alone, 
this night's prayer is a plea for hope...

Help me hope for the light of dawn, Lord,
as the dark of night envelops me...

Help me hope for deep serenity
in the midst of my distress...

Help me hope for tomorrow's promise
when I'm lost in all that's past...

Lord Jesus, help me hope for joy
when sadness stills my spirits...

Help me hope for understanding
when confusion rules my thoughts...

Help me hope for grace to follow you
when I'm off on my own way...

Lord Jesus, help me hope for love
when I'm most alone and lonely...

Help me hope for faith and trust in you
when I'm lost in fear and doubt...

Help me hope for help, for your help, Lord,
when I'm vulnerable and weak...

Help me hope for hope to guide me, Lord,
when I don't know where to turn...

And when I feel most hopeless,
help me find my hope in you, Lord,
in your saving love and mercy,
in you, my only hope...

Amen.

Give My Jesus by Fernando Ortega



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!