5/12/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 5/12



I'm looking back, Lord,
reflecting on a day of amazing grace
- not yet the grace of a vaccine
or the end of the pandemic -
but a day of amazing grace nonetheless...

Or perhaps I should say:
   a day of amazing graces...

Thank you, Lord, for the amazing grace,
the daily amazing grace,
of health care providers and first responders 
and all who serve us in so many venues, at every level,
putting themselves in harm's way, 
providing for our daily needs
and caring for the sick and the dying:
thank you, Lord,
for the grace of generous and heroic service... 

Thank you, Lord, for the amazing grace,
the technologically amazing grace,
of all the ways the internet and social media
are sustaining us, entertaining us, 
informing us, graciously distracting us
and bringing us together
in prayer, in friendship, 
in laughter and tears,
in faith, hope and love:
thank you, Lord,
for the grace of our virtual community...

Thank you, Lord, for the amazing grace,
for the often-hidden-but-these-days-now-revealed grace 
of domestic courtesy and generous outreach,
of patience and understanding, 
of simple good deeds and neighborly support,
of unannounced kindnesses, humble selflessness,
acts of appreciation and words of gratitude:
thank you, Lord,
for the grace of love, revealed and shared...

And thank you, Lord,
for the gift of good news when times are so hard,
for the healing of many while we mourn those we've lost,
for the hope that's ours in the midst of distress,
for the hundreds of graces you offer each day
to bring us together, to lift up our spirits,
to draw us to prayer and lead us to trust in you
and in all your daily amazing graces...

Amen.  

Amazing Grace: Home Free featuring Peter Hollens


Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.


’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fear relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!


Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Twas grace that led me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.


The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

 
When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we'd first begun.



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!