6/15/20

Monday Morning Offering: 6/15

Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!
Sometimes, Lord,
it's the small stuff that really gets to me,
so this morning I offer you
some of the "little things" that really get to me
and I pray for your healing and your help...

I offer you the little disappointments
that sidetrack my day and distract me
from larger concerns,
and more important responsibilities...

I offer you the bumps in my road:
the ones that slow me down
and give me leave to moan and groan
and put off moving on and getting done
what falls to me to do...

I offer you the little setbacks
that keep me from changing
what I know needs to be changed:
help me learn from things that hold me back,
slow me down and throw a u-turn
in my progress...

I offer you the little losses I suffer each day, Lord:
the molehills of failure I see as mountains of defeat:
heal the perfectionism that keeps me
from owning my small mistakes for what they are
- and nothing more than that;
heal the self-judgment that blinds me to victory
when I focus only on my shortfalls...

When I'm troubled by the small things, Lord,
give me wisdom
   to see what truly matters,
counsel
   to weigh my problems wisely,
and faith
   to trust that you are with me...

Heal my tunnel vision, Lord,
help me see the bigger picture
and not be thrown by all trivial things
that quickly bring me down...

Don't let the small stuff come between us, Lord,
(or between me and my neighbor):
keep me mindful of your grace and gifts,
sharing your blessings generously
with those with problems so much larger
than the little things that drive me up the wall...
Receive my morning offering
of the little things that bug me:
in the bigness of your heart, Lord,
help me chill and find your peace...

Amen.



 
  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!