6/27/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 6/27


Howdaya like that, Lord?
June is nearly history!
 
Mostly, the days seem to be dragging by
- but how can that be if June's almost gone? 

June, July and August are my favaorite months
and now it's one down, two to go, Lord
- and that's a count I don't want to hear...

Gotta focus on the plus side, Lord:
still two months of summer left before it's ---
and there I go again!

Gotta focus on the positive:
60 days of summer,
8 great weeks to revel in,
two full months of balmy peace...

Give me all the help I need, then, Lord,
to live each day as gift from you,
each day a chapter in the story 
of how the two of us will make our way
through summer 2020...

Help me savor and delight in each day's difference,
help me soak in all sun the sky may share,
help me walk through summer rain
as through a shower of your grace:
refreshing and bracing me for joy!

And for those who hate the heat, Lord,
the humidity and haze,
just remind them: in a couple months -
the fall will come again...

Amen. 

Summer (flute/piano instrumental) by Herman Beeftink 



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!