6/23/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 6/23


Came across this beauty on my walk a few days ago...

Photo by CP

And I began to wonder, Lord:
if you gave me all the individual parts of this spirea bush
(petals, sepals, stamens, leaves, stems and roots)
how long would it take me to assemble even one panicle
of these simple white blossoms?

I suspect you're smiling, Lord,
knowing such a feat is far beyond my reach,
that no amount of time would be enough for me to do
what you, by nature, casually accomplish by the millions,
in eighty different species, every summer, 'round the world...

And every single five-petalled bloom
signed by you, the artist, the gardener,
the divine arranger of all things bright and beautiful:
a loose bouquet of your presence, delivered free of charge,
to a place by Beaver Brook, for any passersby to discover and enjoy...

Flowers on my path, a simple invitation
to offer thanks and praise for the love you send each day
in so many different ways...

Then, with the same care you take with your spirea, Lord:
protect me while I lie awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

In The Bulb There Is A Promise by Natalie Sleeth




  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!