6/17/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 6/18


I pray every night, Lord,
that you'll "protect me as I stay awake
and watch over me while I sleep..."

Been thinking a lot 
about the second part of that prayer, Lord,
the part where I'm asleep,
tossing, turning, snoring, dreaming
- and you're wide awake, 
keeping an eye on me, 
watching over me,
gently cradling my cares and concerns, 
holding me in the palm of your hand,
never nodding off, 
ever alert, ever vigilant,
all through the night...

And so much of your love for me
comes my way, Lord,
when I'm dead to the world but alive to your grace
- no matter how deep my sleep may be...

Around the clock you're there for me,
protecting me while I lie awake,
safeguarding me while I sleep,
all through the night 'til a new day dawns
and we begin all over again...

And all this not just for me, Lord
- you watch over one and all!

So I pray tonight for those I love,
the ones I worry about every night
and especially at night,
those whose names, whose cares and concerns
are etched in my heart and fill my thoughts,
keeping me awake, 
tossing and turning into the night:
bless them, Lord - and me,
with deep sleep and with your peace...

And I pray for those
who have no one to pray for them:
Lord, protect them in your mercy
and watch over them in your love...

Remind me, Lord:
how you cradle us all 
in the warmth of your heart;
how you hold us all 
in the palm of your hand;
how you gather us up
in your loving embrace;
keeping watch over us
through the deep shades of night...

Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake
and watch over us as we sleep,
that awake, we may keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 

Protect Us, Lord by Angele



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!