6/9/20

Pause for Prayer: WEDNESDAY 6/9



You've always got time for me, Lord
   - it's me who's apparently "too busy" to talk with you...

Have I got "a few minutes" for you, Lord?
You who've been waiting to hear from me
   from the beginning of time?

You bet I do!

But if I go first, Lord, where will I begin?

There's so much to tell you, to share with you
   - what have I been waiting for?
How could I ever be too busy
   to unburden my mind and heart
      to the one person who loves and understands me
         better than anyone else?

Lord, I know you're ready for, waiting for
   more than just a quick text from me:
you're looking for some real time, face to face,
   one-on-one, sit down conversation time with me
and I know I want that, too
   and I know that's what I need...

I'm pretty sure the best place to start, Lord,
   is to thank you for all the good things in my life
- and there are good things, many good things
     even if I often let my difficulties blind me to my blessing...

And when I've named all the things I'm grateful for,
   well, maybe then I could move on to share with you
      my problems, needs and sorrows...

If you've got time for me, Lord,
   I'm gonna make time for you!

And, yes, I'll go first...

Amen.

Texting with God
 

 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!