7/19/20

Monday Morning Offering 7/20


Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Not sure what it is, Lord:
maybe the midsummer date,
maybe the pandemic threat,
maybe the heat of a day in July...

Not sure what it is, Lord,
but I have a desire this morning
to offer you everything
in my soul, in my mind and in my heart 
- yes, everything:
the good, the bad and the not-so-beautiful;
all that I'm grateful for and all that I need;
all I repent of, lament and regret;
all that I've lost and all that I've found;
my gifts and my blessings, my troubles and burdens;
my good times and bad, my sorrows and joys;
my praise and thanksgiving, my need for more prayer...

I'd like to sweep out, to scour the whole of my heart,
from top to bottom, stem to stern,
up and down, inside and out:
so I offer you all that I am, Lord,
all that I have, 
all that I need
and my desire to receive 
all that you've yet to offer me...

Especially, Lord, I offer you things you find in my soul
that I don't even know are there:
if they're helpful for me and for others, 
let me see them, hold them and use them with love; 
if they're things with no rightful claim on my heart
then toss them away, making more room within me
for what brings me peace to share with my neighbor...

Not sure what it is, Lord,
but I have a desire this morning
to offer you everything
in my soul, in my mind and in my heart - yes, everything:
receive my morning offering, Lord,
and with it all my praise and thanks
for this day and the week ahead...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!