7/12/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 7/12



Unexpected joy...

Is any joy, sweeter
   than joy I hadn't looked for,
   joy I'd not expected,
   joy that took me by surprise?

Today held moments of unexpected cheer:
   moments, not hours,
   peeks, not panoramas,
   a sudden glimpse, no steady gaze,
   more intuitive than tangible
and yet 
   each moment was joyful,
   each peek promising,
   each glimpse gladsome
   each intuition enlivening
and I needed that, Lord - all of it! 

So for fleeting moments,
   surprise peeks,  
   fugitive glimpses,
   and joyful intuitions
I'm grateful, Lord, 
   from the bottom of my joyful heart...

(And just for the record, Lord, 
I'll take all the joyful moments,
glimpses, peeks and intuitions
you might find yourself inclined 
to send in my direction!)

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might find joy in you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

You may not have had the same fleeting moments of joy today
but take some prayerful time to remember your joyful moments 
from last week, last month or last year - and thank God for them!
Tonight's song is a vocal rendition of Beethoven's Ode to Joy:
let it be the musical chapel for your prayerful recollection...

Ode to Joy by Beethoven, performed by the Swingle Singers





  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!