7/30/20

NIGHT PRAYER: THURSDAY 7/30


REMINDER: I'm away for a week and reposting some of my favorite NIGHT PRAYERS.  If you have a favorite you'd like to see again, let me know the date it first appeared. Tonight's selection was requested by a reader and first appeared on June 25.  

It's at the end of day, Lord,
when many folks most feel the weight
of all that's hanging over them,
so I pray tonight for those who are feeling:
overburdened with worries and cares,
overextended and just exhausted,
overindulgent and yet still empty,
overworked and underpaid,
overruled with no appeal,
overinvolved and burning out,
overboard without a line,
overthinking to anxious thoughts,
overshadowed, in the dark,
overcome by grief and sorrow,
overlooked and left alone,
overturned by other voices,
overcautious, stuck in fear,
0verprotected, smothered, stifled, 
overpowered, trapped and cornered,
over scrupulous, plagued by doubt,
overtired and worn out,
overwhelmed by daily life...
All these folks I lift in prayer, Lord:
with the power of your Spirit, 
raise them up and out from under
what oversteps their freedom,
what overrides their will,
what overrules their right to share
   the hope and grace and joy
      you offer all each day...

Raise them up, Lord, 
so they can stand on mountains, 
raise them up to walk on stormy seas,
raise them up from all that overburdens,
raise them up and be the strength they need...

Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake
and watch over us as we sleep
that awake, we may keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

You Raise Me Up performed by Josh Groban




When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be
MMMMMMM
  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!