7/23/20

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 7/23

Image source

Wake me up, Lord!  Wake me up, now!

Wake me up to this summer, Lord,
     before it's September and fall has arrived...

Wake me up to see what can be,
     not grieving all I'm missing out on...

Wake me up to your company, Lord:
     you're virus free, never socially distant...

Wake me up to the daily news:
     give me insight and wisdom to understand...

Wake me up to reach out to others,
     not moping around, feeling sorry for me...

Wake me up to my flaws and my faults,
     and all of my many self-serving delusions...

Wake me up to the glory of summer,
      open my eyes to world right around me...

Wake me up to bias and prejudice
     renting space in my mind and my heart...

Wake me up to the path I'm walking:
     where I've been, where I am - where you'd have me go...

Wake me up and shake me, Lord;
     quicken within me what's lazy and dormant...

Wake me up to the times when I'm silent,
     when I need to stand up, to speak and to act...

Wake me up to the folks right around me
     lest I miss or ignore even just one...

Wake me up, Lord, and keep me awake
     with your word, with your truth and your grace...

Wake me up, Lord, when I nod and nap,
     when I snooze and doze, when I'm half asleep
          - when I'm dead to the world! 

Wake me up now - not when it's all over:
     wake me up now, Lord - before it's too late...

Amen!


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!