8/18/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 8/18



Tonight, Lord, I pray for serenity:
that peace deep in my soul,
your gift of grace, your Spirit's blessing,
a gift that comes from you alone,
a gift I cannot give myself...

In that serenity, Lord, I pray to 
accept the things I cannot change 
and over which I'm powerless:
things beyond my reach and ken
which only you (and others, if they choose) 
might change and turn around...

I pray for strength and courage, Lord, 
to change the things I can, 
knowing that what's most in need of change is - me:
my mind and heart,
my words and deeds,
my choices, my decisions,
and the paths I choose to take...

But still I need your wisdom, Lord,
to help me know the difference 'twixt
the things that only you can do 
and things that I, with you, 
am charged and graced to do... 

To know the difference, Lord,
the wisdom to know the difference,
that I might rest serenely
in the peace that comes
from doing what you ask of me
and nothing more and nothing less... 

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

The Serenity Prayer Song by The Serenity Prayer Project



God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change all I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Serenity, courage, wisdom to know the difference...
the wisdom, yes, the wisdom to know the difference...

God, grant me serenity...


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!