8/7/20

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 8/7



A piece of good news fell into my lap
and filled my heart with sweet relief
and since all blessings flow from you
I thank you, Lord, for such a gift...

Some might call it luck or chance
but I will name it unexpected grace:
a gift to lift my spirits, Lord,
an undeserved favor from your heart...

So remind me, then, when days are gray
with fear and disappointment
of all the times when your good news
surprised my soul with joy...

Remind me how your blessings, Lord,
come every day in mercy and in grace
- and in many ways
I sometimes (even often) miss...

Open wide my soul, my eyes and ears,
to all the ways your good news falls
into my arms, my lap, my heart,
into my days, my nights and weeks...

And for those whose nights and days 
are shaded gray with disappointment,
make me a herald, Lord, of good news
flowing from your heart...

Amen.





 
 Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!