8/17/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 8/17



(Today's musical selection is intended as background
for today's Night Prayer: spend some time on each line
and then settle back and rest in the Lord's strong arms...) 

Sunset by Yuriko Nakamura




As the sun sets, Lord...

   help me settle down for this day's end...

   calm me and give me respite from my troubles...

   let me rejoice in what I accomplished today...

   help me trust into your hands the work I didn't finish...

   release my tight hold on all that troubles and tires me...

   help me let go my grudges and resentments...

   make clean and pure my mind and thoughts, my words and deeds...

   help me face the truth I've kept from you, myself and others...

   forgive me all my sins: heal anyone I hurt today...

   relieve me of the pain I know in body, mind and spirit...

   help me pardon those whose words have bruised my heart...

   make me grateful for my family and my friends...

   assure me of your gentle care for everyone I love...

   give me faith where I have doubts and fail to trust...

   fill me with hope when I am ready to give up...

   increase my love in reaching out to those in need...  

   receive my thanks for all your blessings and your gifts...
  
   settle deep within my soul, make your home within my heart...

   open wide my hands, my arms, my heart
      and fill me with your peace...

   protect me as I lie awake, watch over me in sleep
      that awake I might keep watch with you
         and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!