9/26/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 9/26


I was about to thank you, Lord,
for the gift of this perfect fall day
and I was going to mention
that it was a gift I didn't deserve
when I remembered:
    I don't deserve any of my life's blessings,
    I've done nothing to merit them,
    they're not owed me
    and certainly, 'tis I who am in debt to you...

Everything good in my life 
is a gift from you, Lord:
    an unmerited gift, freely given
    by One who owes me nothing
    but to whom I am in debt up to my ears...
 
Every good thing in m life, Lord:
    this beautiful late September day
    every breath I take.
    my family, my friends and anyone
        who loves and cares for me,   
    my memories, good and bad alike,
    my imagination and my sense of humor,
    every joy I've ever known and treasured,
    every sadness that has stretched my heart
    all my blessings, gifts, talents, interests,
        curiousity and sense of wonder,
    and everything I know
            through vision, sight, and touch
    all this, Lord, pure gift from you.
        undeserved, unmerited, unearned...

And in return, Lord, I've so little I might offer
    save my gratitude, my humble thank-you,
        my empty hands raised up in prayer...
 
So, thank you for this glorious day, Lord,
      and for all that fills my heart 
and for your Spirit opening wide my eyes 
    to see how blessed I truly am...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
How Great Thou Art by Briarcrest OneVoice




  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!