9/5/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 9/5


As the sun sets tonight on this holiday weekend,
I'm wondering, Lord, 'bout the work of your hands
and, in particular,
the work of your hands that goes by my name,
the work of your hands
that I am...

I'm one among billions and yet - I'm hand made
by you, my Creator, 
my Lord and my God.
I'm uniquely designed, individually crafted, 
as my finger prints prove
- they're exclusively mine...

But more than all this, Lord, you love what you make:
I'm signed by the artist, 
your name's on my soul.
You know my name, Lord, by name you call me
to praise and to thank you
for all that I am...

I'm a work in progress, you've more yet to do
'til I'm finished and fine tuned
by your skill and your grace.
Keep working on me until I've become
the image and likeness
of you, my Maker...

Protect me this night while I'm still awake,
and watch over me as I sleep, Lord,
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Create In Me by the Acappella Academy


Create  in me a clean heart, O God
let me be like you in all my way
give me your strength, teach me your song
shelter me in the shadow of your wing

For we are your righteousness
if we die to ourselves
and live through your death
we shall be born again to be blessed 
in your love

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!