9/24/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 9/25


Lord,
I need love 
- and I need to be loved...
 
I need to be loved by those I love
and I need to love those who don't love me...
 
I need to be loved unconditionally
and I need to love others with no strings attached...
 
I need to be loved by those I've hurt
and I need to love those who've offended me...
 
I need to open my heart in love,
and to enter hearts who welcome me in... 
 
I need to love for the sake of others,
loving my neighbor more than myself...
 
I need to love when I don't feel like loving
- as others love me, in season and out...

I need to love whom I deem unlovable
- as I am loved when I don't love myself...
 
I need to be loved so I'll know what love offers
and I need to love to learn what love asks...

I need to be loved that I might be forgiven
and I need to forgive if I hope to know love...
 
I need to be loved to know who I am,
to become the person I'm made to be...

Lord, I need to love you if I want to know you
and to know your love if I'm to know myself...
 
I need to love when love comes at a price, Lord,
as you loved me at the cost of your life...
 
You are love and if I live in love, I will live in you,
and you, O Lord, will live in me... 

Hold and protect me in your loving arms, Lord,
while I'm awake and while I'm asleep,
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your love and peace...

Amen.

Tonight's song is unusual: 
    its lyrics consist of one word - oft' repeated!
I'm offering tonight's music in two forms:
    1) an audio widget
    2) the same audio along with a video moving visually through
        the score. (Musicians -and others- will find this interesting.)
 





    

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!