9/1/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 9/1

Add caption

Out for my walk last night, Lord,
I was lamenting the last of August,
the beginning of summer's end...

But an upward glance to the nighttime sky
revealed a welcome blessing:
the brilliant Corn Moon, aglow in the heavens,
the last full moon of summer,
your light upon my path ...

Photo by CP

For a moment, just a moment, Lord,
the moon was mine alone
- as if you'd hung it just for me
and no one else could see its silver blessing
shining on my soul...

And your light was consolation
   as I grieved the summer's passing;
your fullness and your brilliance,
   pierced the shadows deep within;
your moon a pledge, a promise,
   of your presence and protection...

As the seasons change again, Lord,
to autumn, then to winter,
to spring and hope of summer:
fill the night sky with your moonlight
and my heart to overflowing
with your warmth, your grace, your love...

Protect me, Lord, as I lie awake
'neath the Corn Moon's hazy glow;
watch over me, then, throughout the night
'til the sun rise up again:
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 

Maker of the Moon by Elle Limebear




  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!