9/22/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 9/22

 
The days are growing shorter, Lord, 
our sunset walks are shadowed now by nightfall
and when I'm back the moon and stars are out...

I've a pocket light for just-in-case
but unafraid I make my way 
because I trust, I know, you're by my side:
I do not walk alone...
 
Passersby might think I've not a friend
to share my evening stroll
but you're with me every step I take:
I do not walk alone...
 
We talk in silence, sharing words
that never cross our lips,
you listen as you lead the way:
I do not walk alone...

Protect me on my shadowed path,
keep vigil through the dark of night
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

You Do Not Walk Alone by Elaine Hagenberg

  

May you see God's light on the path ahead 
when the road you walk is dark. 
May you always hear even in your hour of sorrow
the gentle singing of the lark. 
When times are hard
may hardness never turn your heart to stone.
May you always remember when the shadows fall:
You do not walk alone.

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!