10/23/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 10/23

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 So many countdowns in process, Lord!
        8  days until Halloween
       11  days until the Election 
       34 days until Thanksgiving
       37 days until Advent
       63 days until Christmas
       69 days until New Year's Eve
       70 days until January 1, 2021
 
And then there are the countdowns to dates unknown:
        How many days until I change my ways?
        How many days until I do the right thing?
        How many days until I forgive those who've hurt me?
        How many days until my family's at peace?
        How many days until the virus is tamed?
        How many days until violence ends?
        How many days until people reverence all races?
        How many days until all people are fed?
        How many days until the oppressed find justice?
        How many days until all Christians unite? 
        How many days until the world's at peace?
 
Only you know the day and the hour, Lord, when
        the sick will be healed, all in your time...
        the broken mended, all in your time...
        the lost found, all in your time...
        my will one with yours, all in your time...
        justice done, all in your time...
        peace made, all in your time...
        and all, at last, made one in you
            in your time, all in your time...
 
So, while I wait, Lord,
while I count the days and number the nights,
praying and working for what can be:
    give me the grace and the courage,
    the compassion and conviction,
    to do what is just, to love what is good
    and to walk, humbly, at your side,
all in your time, Lord, all in your time...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I wait for tomorrow
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
 
In His Time by Diane Ball




  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!