10/15/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 10/15


Lord,
I keep thinking of St. Paul's words from Sunday's prayer:
I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
I know what it is to be in need

    and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content
    in any and every situation...
I can do all this through him who gives me strength....
And my God will meet all my needs
    according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
I long to be content as Paul was, Lord:
teach me the secret
    of being content in any and every situation;
help me to trust that I can do all things
    through the strength you give me;
help me believe that you will
   meet all my needs if I put my hope in you...
To be content, to be accepting,
    to be at peace in all circumstances:
that's my prayer tonight, Lord, 
    and I know, deep in my heart,
        that you desire nothing less for me...
 
Protect me, Lord, when I'm not content
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might hope and trust in your help
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
O God, You Search Me by Bernadette Farrell
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!