11/6/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 11/6

 

(Full Disclosure!  I wrote today's Night Prayer around mid-afternoon,
its theme based on the presumption that the election would have been
called by the time I posted the prayer: wrong!  So, at the last minute,
I'm posting a Night Prayer from over six months ago, a prayer I think
can serve us well tonight.)  
 
Tonight, Lord, 

I come to prayer with very few words,
not too much to say...

Tonight, Lord,
I trust you already know 
all my heart holds:
    my cares and concerns, 
    my sorrows and joys,
    my blessings and needs...

Tonight, Lord,
I trust you hear the whole of my prayer
without my speaking even a word...

Tonight, Lord,
I trust that in the silence
    my heart speaks to yours,
    your heart hears mine
and we are one in prayer...

Tonight, Lord,
I'll just sit with you in prayer
- and perhaps I'll fall asleep
in the silence that we share...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake 
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake I may keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Suggestion: 
You might share your wordless time with the Lord while listening to this simple, beautiful music.  This recording is about a half hour long: use just what you need - or fall asleep with it!





  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!