11/23/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 11/23

Photo by Elizabeth G Brooke


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The chill, the rain, the wind
have claimed all leaves
save those whose stubborn hold
will not let go 'til you, Lord,
say the word and then
they'll fall, spiraling

in autumn's letting go
when holding on to what's now past
might seem survival's only path
but you know, more than I,
how letting go may be
my only way to hold all I keep dear
and all I dearly want to keep...

I offer you my hold on things,
my stored up fears and tears,
my grip on all I won't let go,
that won't let go of me...

I offer you my fear of falling,
fear of letting go my heart
into your care, into your promise to be there,
your pledge to catch me in your arms... 

In this bittersweet November, Lord,
in autumn's letting go,
gather all your falling leaves, my prayers,
spiraling from my soul
into your warm and waiting heart...

I offer you and make my own
the prayer of falling leaves:
keep me through the winter's cold
as I let go my hold on all
but you - and hope of spring...

Protect me, Lord, and keep me
as I fall into your arms
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 

Letting Go by Todd Agnew


 

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!