11/30/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 11/30


The last day of November, Lord,
then but one month left before the turn of the year
and 2020 is history...

It's been quite a year, Lord:
one not without its blessings
but heavy laden with its burdens...
 
And where I live, November's parting shot
has come with rain and howling winds
beating on my windows, roof and walls
but I will choose this night, Lord,
the shelter of your heart
as refuge for my prayer...
 
No storm can shake my inmost calm
while to your side, I'm clinging;
since you are Lord of heaven and earth,
how can I keep from singing?
 
Protect me, Lord, through the storm this night
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
How Can I Keep From Singing by MAS Vocal



 
My life flows on in endless song;
Above earth's lamentation,  
I hear the sweet, though far-off hymn  
That hails a new creation  
 
Through all the tumult and the strife,  
I hear that music ringing 
It finds an echo in my soul  
How can I keep from singing?  
 
What though my joys and comforts die?
I know my Savior liveth  
What though the darkness gather round?  
Songs in the night he giveth  
 
No storm can shake my inmost calm  
While to that refuge clinging  
Since love is lord of heaven through 
 How can I keep from singing?  
 
I lift my eyes, the cloud grows thin  
I see the blue above it  
And day by day this pathway smooths, 
 Since first I learned to love it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!