11/29/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 11/29


I wait for you, Lord,
   as I've waited for so long
      and waited in so many ways…

I wait to find you, to know you,
   to believe in you...

I wait for you to show yourself,
   to show your face and let its light
      shine bright upon my own…

I wait for you to speak to me,
   to speak a word I understand:
      a word my heart can grasp,
      a word my heart can hold,
      a word my heart can keep,
      a word that brings me peace...

I wait for your truth to set me free, Lord:
   free from all that holds me fast
      in my confusion, fear and doubt…
 
I wait for you to hear my prayer
   - to hear my prayer and answer me...

I wait for your Spirit to move in me,
   to nudge me and  shake me awake,
to stir within and let me know 
    that you're with me and I'm with you...

I wait your word to tell me
   where to turn, what path to take,
      which choices I should make... 

I wait for you to calm my fears, 
   my anxious, lonely heart,
      my worried, troubled soul…

I wait for you to help me find 
   a little peace of mind, Lord
      - even just a little...
 
I wait to find you in my daily rounds:
   in the ordinary people, times and places
      where I least expect to find you 
          but really need to see you...

I wait to know your mercy:
   your pardon for my sins, 
   your cleansing of my soul,
   your quickening of my spirit...
 
Even when I'm not sure why I wait
or why I still wait, even then 
- I wait some more
for even in the waiting
I trust you're there, drawing near,
for it's only in the waiting, Lord,
I know that you will find me...
      
In the stillness of my Advent prayer
   I wait for you
and I believe and hope and trust 
    that in my waiting, Lord,
        you're waiting there for me...
 
Protect me, Lord, as I like awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with Christ
and asleep, rest in his peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Wait For The Lord - Taize


  


 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!