12/27/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 12/27

In this octave of Christmas, Night Prayer will be simple, looking to extend the peace and joy of Christmas over this special week on the church calendar.  So, sit back with the Lord, relax and savor the peace of Christmas...

When it's cold, Lord,
share your warmth with me...
 
When the fire's dying,
rekindle the spark of your Spirit within me...
 
When the nights are lonely,
call me by name and stay by my side...
 
When I'm not sure where to turn,
give me your star, your light, to lead me home...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Night of Silence/Silent Night by Gruber, Kantor, Haugen



Cold are the people, winter of life
We tremble in shadows this cold endless night
Frozen in the snow lie roses sleeping
Flowers that will echo the sunrise
Fire of hope is our only warmth
Weary, it's flame will be dying soon.
 
Voice in the distance, call in the night
On wind you enfold us You speak of the light
Gentle on the ear you whisper softly
Rumors of a dawn so embracing
Breathless love awaits darkened souls
Soon will we know of the morning.

Spirit among us, shine like the star
Your light that guides shepherds and kings from afar
Shimmer in the sky so empty, lonely
Rising in the warmth of your son's love
Star unknowing of night and day
Spirit we wait for your loving Son.
 
Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin mother and child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace.
 
Silent night, holy night
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heav'nly hosts sing Allelulia
Christ the Savior is born
Christ the Savior is born
 
Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord at thy birth
Jesus, Lord at they birth

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!