12/15/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 12/15


It's hard to believe that it was 30 years ago that I sang the lead vocal on this beautiful Advent song, One Voice. Composed by Rachel Burckardt, this song was included on the album, Gross Santa's Yuletide Favorities (which isn't as weird as it sounds!). Musicians for One Voice came from the Wood Harbor Ensemble and the choir of St. Ann University Parish in Boston, where I served as a campus minister for Northeastern University and Emerson College.  Today's post includes One Voice followed by the day's Night Prayer.




Your one voice calls me, Lord:
you speak to my heart,
in my life's wilderness,
in all its dry and barren places...

You call me by name
to prepare a way for you
who come to make of my desert
a lush and blooming garden...

You call me to change,
to change my desires, my habits, my ways:
to clear a smooth path
for you to come and make your home in me...

You call me to make peace
where I am, where I live,
where I work and where I play
with all I meet and know,
whose paths cross mine each day...

Of all the voices 'round me, Lord,
help me hear your one voice calling me
to make a way, a place for you to dwell
deep within my soul this Christmastide...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch for you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments  


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!