12/22/20

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 12/22

Image source


At this time of the year
when night still early falls,
listen and hear dawn breaking,
the sun slowly rising, finally piercing
December's morning sky...

Rise like the dawn, Lord:
let your sun's rays
warm the frost off my heart

to heal what sadness my soul bears...

Disperse the gloomy clouds 

of all my anxious fears
and sweep from my heart's depths
what keeps me from your peace...

Draw me out of my own darkness
to the grace your presence brings:

let me know the peace you offer,
the light in which I'm bathed...

In these dark December days
in all the seasons my soul knows,
d
raw near, O Jesus,  come
and shine your light upon my path...


O come, O come, Emmanuel!

Protect me, Lord, as I lie awake
and watch over my restless sleep
that awake, I might keep watch for you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
(As Christmas draws near, 
bring whatever might be your prayer this night to the Lord,
and let this beautiful music provide a chapel
for your nighttime visit with your Savior...)

O Come, Emmanuel by The Piano Guys

 




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!