12/24/20

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 12/24

Photo by RMH
 
(Photo: My great-nephew, at my sister's window in Georgetown, CO)
 
It's almost Christmas, Lord, and children everywhere
are filled with excitement and expectation
as visions of  sugar plums dance in their heads...

It's been a long, long while, Lord, 
since I've dreamed of dancing sugar plums
and too long since childlike hopes and dreams
have sparked my longing, my yearning, my faith
that wonderful gifts beyond my imagining
are on their way to me, to be delivered by One
who loves me without fail
with love beyond all telling...

Tonight's the eve of your birth, Lord,
tomorrow we celebrate you coming among us,
living within us, bringing graces and gifts
beyond our imagining, 
with love beyond all telling...

Spark my longing for your gifts, Lord,
ignite my yearning, my faith that
you are on your way to me, 
coming as the One who seeks to dwell within me,
with mercy beyond my imagining, 
with love beyond all telling...

Amen.




     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!