1/22/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 1/22

 

I'm praying for an end, Lord,
an end to the division and discord,
the anger and acrimony,
the name-calling and negativism,
the slander conspiratorial suspicion...

The Pax Romana lasted some 200 years, Lord,
I'm praying for a Pax Americana
- for maybe two months or two weeks -
that we might taste again
the daily bread of mutual respect, 
the sweet compassion of humble service,
the savory wisdom of common sense...
 
I'm praying for a break, Lord,
a break from all that tears at the fabric of our society
and severs the bonds that once held us together,
spoiling our experiment in democracy,
245 years in the making...
 
Our racism, greed and bias deepen the divide:
we need healing, Lord, your healing,
deep healing within us and between us
and at every point where the paths of our lives cross
and invite us to share one journey
leading to peace and justice for all...
 
Help me make an end, Lord,
of my part in what weakens and divides us...

Lord, give me a hunger and thirst
for a lasting Pax Americana...
 
Heal what's broken in my soul, Lord,
that I might share your mercy with others...

Protect me, Lord, this night, while I'm awake
and watch over me when I fall asleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Music and images for praying for a Pax Americana...
 
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!