1/24/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 1/23

 
Lord, because you are my God,
I believe you hear every prayer, ever offered
by every one of your sons and daughters...
 
Though we call out to you by the billions
and though our prayers echo, echo, echo,
reverberating through centuries and millennia
not a word, a whisper, a breath, a prayerful thought
escapes your undivided attention... 

And so, Lord, I trust,
I trust with all my heart and soul,
you'll hear my prayer tonight...

My prayer might not be the loudest or the longest,
the most pious or poetic, 
the neediest or most urgent,
the most original or sincere,
the most reverent or faithful
- in fact, my prayer might have no words -
and yet you'll hear it, Lord, 
you'll hear my prayer 
as you would were I the only one this night
to dare to raise my eyes,
to lift my mind and heart to you 
in prayer...

Protect me, Lord, as I lie awake
and watch over me when I fall asleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
MMMMMMMM
O, Lord Hear My Prayer (Taize) by Xara


 
Oh, Lord hear my prayer,
Oh Lord, hear my prayer
When I call answer me.

Oh Lord, hear my prayer,
Oh Lord, hear my prayer,
Come and listen to me.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!