1/28/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 1/28

 
O God, with such divine artistry 
did you fashion the human heart!

It's dimensions are quite defined
and yet my heart can hold what seems 
an infinite number of joys and sorrows, 
stories and memories,
wounds and healings, 
dreams and schemes,
disappointments and regrets,
tragic endings 
and hope-filled new beginnings...
 
On one day, Lord, this heart of mine
can bear the weight of burdens unimaginable
and one day later float and soar
- a feather on a summer breeze... 

My heart has no eyes, Lord, and yet 
it sees what can't be seen, 
what's hidden, mysterious and eternal...

My heart has no arms or hands 
and yet it reaches out, touches and embraces
more than I might ever hope to hold...

My heart has no ears and yet
it hears a word you whisper
and the truth you speak aloud...
 
And sometimes, Lord, my heart closes in,
struggling in vain to hide or keep you out
- but then comes grace -
and grace opens wide, inside my soul, a place
great enough, deep enough for you, my Lord and God, 
for you to come and make your home...

My small heart has room for you, Lord,
and for many others, more than I can count:
family, friends, strangers - brothers, sisters all -
knocking on my heart's door 
seeking a place to rest, to heal, to visit, 
a place to call their own for a while, for a day,
a lifetime - or forever...

O God, with such divine artistry 
did you fashion the human heart,
my heart, beating in my chest
and even deeper, in my soul,
in my heart of hearts 
where you, my Maker,
choose to make your home...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your heart
and in your peace...

Amen.
 
Open The Eyes of My Heart by Paul Baloche
 

 

Open the eyes of my heart Lord

Open the eyes of my heart

I want to see you

I want to see you

 

To see you high and lifted up 

Shining in the light of your glory

Pour out your power and love

As we sing holy, holy, holy

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!