1/27/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 1/27

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
It's here again, Lord, this season, 
gray and charcoaled on the landscape of my heart, 
etched by the chill of long dark winter nights...

Every year there comes this time
between the holly and the palm:
    my wintry wait for ashes
    and Lent's deep purple shades,
this time between what's been and yet to be...

So much of life is in-between, Lord:
    between times gone by
        and all that lies ahead;
    between the old and new,
        hope and disappointment,
    between expectation and fulfillment,
        anticipation and conclusion...
 
I live between my ups and downs,
    my tears and smiles,
between my past achievements
     and all I've still to do;
between the life I know so well
    and the promise of tomorrow;
between the things I clutch and cling to
    and what I barely dare to dream... 
 
It seems I'm in-between, Lord,
    always somewhere in-between,
so make me mindful of the moment,
    help me keep it in today,
accepting things I cannot change
    and changing things I can,
finding wisdom in between,
    enough to live, to grow, to share:   
give me patience with my past, Lord,
    and hope for what's to come...
 
Be with me in this season
    gray and charcoaled in my heart,
be with me while I lie awake
    and when I fall asleep,
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace,
between the dusk and  dawn, Lord,
    twixt your mercy and your love...
 
Amen. 
 
One Day At A Time  
           performed by Lynda Randle

 
One day at a time, sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking of you
Give me the strength to do everyday
What I have to do
Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine
Help me today, show me the way
One day at a time
 
I'm only human, I'm just a woman
Help me believe in what I could be
And all that I am
Oh, show me the stairway that I have to climb
Lord, for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time
 
Refrain
 
Oh, do you remember
When you walked among men
Well, Jesus, you know
If you're looking below
That it's worse now than then
Oh, there's pushing and shoving
And it's crowding my mind
So, Lord, for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time
 
Refrain
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!