1/8/21

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 1/7


 
The scriptures name you in many ways, Lord:
    Rock
    Light
    Refuge 
    Shield
    Shepherd
and I'm glad of this 
because these days I need you 
in so many ways...

Be my Rock, Lord:
sure footing at the ocean's edge,
secure upon the wind-lashed shore...
 
Be my Light, Lord:
pierce the darkness all around me,
chase away what clouds my soul...
 
Be my Refuge, Lord:
my shelter, my home, my hearth, 
my place to dwell in peace...
 
Be my Shield, Lord:
protect me from the shrapnel 
of hate and anger, harm and discord...

Be my Shepherd, Lord:
seek  and find me, bring me back
when I'm lost in doubt and fear...
 
Be my Rock, my Light, my Refuge,
my Shield and faithful Shepherd;
I need you, Lord, in all these ways,
in your holy name I place my trust...

Amen.

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!