1/16/21

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 1/16

Image source


Lord...

When someone has provoked me,
make me patient in response...

When something has distressed me,
give me strength to work it through...

When someone has annoyed me,
give me kindness and good will...

When something has gone sour,
help me face it and move on...

When fiction's masked as fact,
help me seek and find the truth...

When someone's let me down, teach me
to live with disappointment...

When someone has offended me,
help me forgive, help me forget...

When politics enrage me
help me speak what's fair, what's just...

When things aren't as they should be
show me how to make real change...

And, Lord...

When I've provoked my neighbor,
make me the one to calm things down...

When I've distressed my friend,
may I be quick to heal the hurt...

When I've annoyed a colleague,
help me restore what I've disturbed...

When I spoil someone's joy,
help me sweeten what I've soured... 

When I'm envious and selfish 
make me generous and grateful...
 
When I think I'm always right
help me see the other side...

When I've betrayed an other's trust,
help me repair the harm I've done...

And in all things, Lord, I turn to you
in whom I find my peace...

In all things, Lord, I trust in you,
in you I find my hope...

Amen.




     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!