1/1/21

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 1/2

 
It's day 2 of this long awaited new year, Lord,
and I've been lookin' around:
    not much seems very different,
    everything looks remarkably the same...
 
No, I wasn't expecting overnight change
- I didn't even pray for that -
so I'm not surprised...

I guess I just need to remind myself, Lord,
in your presence, that change:
    usually takes time
    depends on vigilant attention
    demands generous self-sacrifice
    and requires much more patience
        than most of us are inclined to have...
 
Change won't happen over night, Lord,
but without our working for change
day by day by day,
there'll be no change at all...
 
And just for the record, Lord,
I'm talking about change:
    in the world
    in the environment
    in the Church
    in our nation
    in our state
    in our politics
    in our families
    in everyone
    in me...

If we want change, Lord, we'll need your help
and so we pray:
    grant us the serenity
    to accept the things we cannot change,
    to change the things we can
    and the wisdom to know the difference
    - one day at a time...
 
Amen.

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!