2/10/21

A Pocket Cross for You

 
This is the tenth year* I'm offering a pocket cross for Lent. A pocket cross is a daily reminder that we're in a special season to grow in our faith in Jesus and in living as he calls us to live. (Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 17.)
 
The inscription on this year's cross captures what might be our greatest needs in 2021: 
    - the peace that comes from being healed 
    - and the healing that comes from making peace.

Would you like a pocket cross? 
    Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
         Fr. Austin Fleming
         132 Lexington Street
         Belmont, MA  02478

If there are several members of your household who would like a pocket cross, let me know that you need a few extra crosses and I'll send them. However: requests from one person sending multiple envelopes addressed to family and friends will be answered when and as my supply allows.

There is no charge for these crosses - please do NOT send money!  
 
If you're inclined to be charitable, please click here or on my sidebar to make a donation to Health Equity International (formerly the St. Boniface Haiti Foundation: same folks, same mission, same amazing work - different name, new logo). 


*Previous pocket crosses bore these inscriptions:

Be still and know that I am God  
• Create in me a clean heart, O God
• Come back to me with all your heart
• Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation,
      be constant in prayer 
• Remember - Return - Repent 
      Reconcile -  Reorder - Restore  
• Clothe yourself in heartfelt mercy  
• Come find the peace within
• Jesus, touch my life today 
• Come back to me with all your heart

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!