2/19/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 2/19


Friday is the traditional day to meditate on the suffering and death of Jesus and the Fridays of Lent have a particular claim on our hearts in that regard.  Beginning tonight, then, and for six weeks, Friday's Night Prayer will bring us to the Cross of him who laid down his life that we might have life and have it to the full...

    Jesus Accepts His Cross by Mickey McGrath, OSFS


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
Jesus, my brother,
in accepting your Cross
you took on your shoulders
the weight of my sins and offenses,
the heft of my faults and my failings... 

Jesus, my friend,
when you shouldered your Cross
you bore the brunt of my pride and resentments,
my lies and deceit, my temper and anger...
 
Jesus, my Lord,
the Cross you took up scraped your flesh
with splinters of my indiscretions,
my hasty and foolish imprudence...

Jesus, my brother, my friend, my Lord,
you carried me on your shoulders that day,
you took on the weight of my unfaithful heart
to save and redeem me, to mend and to heal me,
to free and forgive me of all my sins,
that I might have life I don't deserve,
won by your love, 
sealed in your blood,
given for me 
on the arms of your Cross...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace.

Amen.
 
What Wondrous Love Is This by Fernando Orgtega

 

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!